Problem with Pipmak on Windows 10

aviare
Hello Christian!

How much time!
I never forgot Pipmak!
Recently I have tried to run Pipmak on my laptop with windows10 and I have observed some problems with the mouse pointer.
The pointer remain at the top or at the bottom of the SDL window, it seems that only the y coordinate has some problem.
In this way is very difficult or impossible click on the object in the window...
I tryed with different Pipmak version (original or compiled by me) and the effect is the same.
This doesn't happened with previous build of windows10.
Do you think that there are some library to upgrade?

I'm very sorry that Pipmak live in the forgotten land.... inside it were several beautiful ideas, still valid at the moment!
Bye!

Andrea Viarengo

Let's save the little pipmak from the forgotten land!

Re: Problem with Pipmak on Windows 10

Squeak
Hello Andrea...
I am on windows7 and stopped updates last year to stop the forced change to w10...
I am not a programmer like you...
I noticed not to use full screen option with things like 'Stellarium' programme, as mouse arrow disappears.
also many games do not work now for various reasons.
I intend to go back to original w7.
The picture is of a fledgling robin I moved out of danger.

Re: Problem with Pipmak on Windows 10

cwalther
Administrator
aviare <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Recently I have tried to run Pipmak on my laptop with windows10 and I have
> observed some problems with the mouse pointer.
> The pointer remain at the top or at the bottom of the SDL window, it seems
> that only the y coordinate has some problem.
> In this way is very difficult or impossible click on the object in the
> window...
> I tryed with different Pipmak version (original or compiled by me) and the
> effect is the same.
> This doesn't happened with previous build of windows10.
> Do you think that there are some library to upgrade?

I'm sorry for the delay - as you have probably guessed from my silence, I don't have an answer for you. I was just reminded that I should probably respond nonetheless...

I have just tried Pipmak 0.2.7 on Windows 10, and it seems to work nicely, no mouse problems in either windowed or fullscreen mode, in either mouse mode. It even copes with the high-resolution (2x) display. I'm not sure if I am still on the "previous build of windows10", I have stopped keeping track of Windows updates as it does what it wants anyway.

You could try updating to a newer version of SDL, but that would probably require some changes to the code, it's really old by now.

 -Christian