Quantcast

Subdirectories

John Allie
Hello fellow Pipmak users,
I'm considering pursuing a project using the Pipmak engine, but I would like to know if it's possible to organize the node directories in any way. For a project with a lot of nodes it would be nice if they could be consolidated into separate directories rather than just all being placed in the root directory. That is, if a room in the game contains eight different nodes, there could be a directory that contains nodes 1-8 rather than having nodes 1-8 in root along with all the games other nodes. Is this possible? If not, how difficult would it be to implement this feature?
Thanks for any suggestions about this.
-John Allie

Re: Subdirectories

cwalther
Administrator
Hello John

> I would like to know if it's possible to organize the node
> directories in any way. For a project with a lot of nodes it would be
> nice if they could be consolidated into separate directories rather
> than just all being placed in the root directory.

This is not possible in the last released version of Pipmak (0.2.7),
however it is possible in the current development version. Nodes are now
referred to by arbitrary names, no longer by numbers, and can be located
in arbitrarily nested subfolders.

This is documented in the reference manual, you can see what has changed
at a glance at
<http://pipmak.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pipmak/trunk/pipmak/documentation/Reference.tex?r1=209&r2=208&pathrev=209>

If you are set up to build Pipmak from source, you are welcome to play
with this. If not, you will have to wait either for the next release (no
date is planned for that yet) or for someone else to provide a build for
your platform. (I could look into it myself if needed, but no promises.)

  -Christian